Gilly has run hundreds of career coaching and coaching workshops both for organisations and for individuals as well as co-running the CCS five-day Core Career Coaching skills programmes.
Workshops (online and face to face with CCS) include:
- Personal brand workshops
- Delivering difficult messages
- Goal-setting and action planning
- Using ACT in career coaching
1 to 2 days:
- Career development workshops
- Career conversations for Line Managers
- Career Management skills using a questionnaire and 29 tools, ‘Balance’ with CCS
- Counselling skills for GPs
- Coaching skills for managers
Masterclasses (with Dr. Cathy Brown, evolve)
- Finding Your Purpose.
- Mid-life Career Reinvention.
- Testing the Water for Self-employment.
Contact Gilly for a discussion of content tailored to your context, using the form below.
Next Masterclass begins in
CCS Finding Your Purpose Masterclass
Thursday 23rd September 2021 0900-1715 (online)
Owing to the great success of transferring our established and new courses online, we are delighted to offer this invaluable training to CCS graduates or trained coaches.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, many people have been experiencing challenging working and living situations which can leave them feeling lost and disorientated. Some are questioning ‘what do I want from my work?’, others may be experiencing precarious working conditions. Many will be considering how they can make their work and life more meaningful and sustainable within this ‘new normal’.
Re-establishing our why in our work and life can provide a point of reference for what motivates and gives us fulfilment. Undertaking such fundamental work with our clients can help to overcome some of the presenting barriers – for example limited self-worth, time and necessary skills – and provide a personal break through. Now is a perfect time to work with our clients to establish their purpose and to find meaningful, sustainable ways of working and living.
What is the value of attending the CCS Finding Your Purpose Masterclass?
At the end of the Masterclass, you will leave the day:
- Understanding a practical method for finding and crystallising true purpose for your clients
- Being adept at drawing upon a 27-page Finding Your Purpose workbook when working with clients
- Knowing how to integrate and adapt this method to your work with different individual clients and groups
- Feeling confident of generating an income stream from client work on finding your why
- Gaining a deeper understanding of your own authentic self for sustained personal growth
Some scenarios where Finding Your Why can be applied:
Clients who are:
- during their mid-life (40-60 years old) and are unsure about their next career and life step
- facing redundancy, feeling lost and unclear how to find work that is meaningful
- in work and feeling dis-satisfied and unfulfilled, thinking ‘Is this it?’
- burnt out and questioning ‘How can I sustain work for the years ahead?’
- at the beginning of their career, feeling unsure of how to enter the world of work
Who can attend Finding Your Why Masterclass?
Individuals who are interested both in learning more about the topic for themselves, and in integrating it within their own work and business who are either a:
- Graduate of the CCS Core Skills Accredited Career Coach training
- Career coach or coach
- HR and Learning and Development professional with coaching experience
What does the Finding Your Purpose Work Book consist of?
- A comprehensive 27-page work book to walk you through, step-by-step, the Finding Your Purpose approach. This will support you to help your clients to find purpose and meaning in their work and life. This includes both guidance notes for you as the coach, examples of each step and worksheets to use directly in your work with clients, including:
- Why the time is right now for us to work in this area
- Benefits to us and clients of this work
- What we mean by our true authentic self
- Overview of Finding Your Purpose approach
- Details of the five steps of the Finding Your Purpose approach
- Honing your purpose
- Living with purpose sustainably
- Sign-posting to a range of literature and online resources
Fees and date
The Finding Your Purpose Masterclass (online) will be held on Tuesday 23rd September 2021 at 0900-1715 (London time).
The fee is £300 + VAT
Early-Bird Rate: For applications received before Tuesday 7th September the fee is £275+VAT
- the training day
- a 27-page Finding Your Purpose Work Book, comprising guidance notes, worksheets and resources to use when working with clients
- the training day slide pack
To apply, please complete the attached Application form.
Dr Cathy Brown, Evolve
Cathy is a Chartered Occupational Psychologist who runs her own organisational development consultancy (www.evolve.eu.com) where she works with individuals, teams and business to manage transitions and change. As a CCS alumni, Cathy has collaborated with CCS over the past fifteen years.
Within her areas of expertise, she writes books (under the brand Testing the Water®), articles, speaks at conferences and is a guest lecturer on Masters courses at several universities. More latterly, she has been awarded a PhD within field of career mobility. In addition, Cathy helps to give challenged individuals a helping hand through life transitions (www.evolvetransitiontrust.org).
Gilly Freedman, CCS
With a training, psychology, counselling and business background, Gilly is an Accredited Professional Executive Coach and has worked as a career coach, coach and trainer with CCS since 1994. As well as working with a huge range of clients over the last twenty years, Gilly specialises in career coaching for Doctors and women returners. She has trained hundreds of HR professionals and others in career coaching skills. Gilly is a qualified coach supervisor and supervises the work of career coaches.
Gilly worked on the successful CCS bid and won a National Training Award for career coaching skills training for the BBC. She is the author of the CCS Networking Companion and co-author (with Rob Nathan) of the CCS Job Search Guide.